Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks





I am so thankful for my family. Ryan and Sullivan are the joy of my life. I am so thankful for our parents and our grandparents, and aunts and uncles... we are so blessed to have so many relatives close by. We can almost always find a babysitter! :) As I sit here and wrap Christmas gifts (you know, out with Thanksgiving and on with Christmas!), I realize how good we have it. As Americans we have so much freedom and security, and as Christians we have our faith that can be shouted from the rooftops if we want it to! I am personally so thankful for my marriage and my daughter, who is a miracle that I am reminded of each morning. Hopefully I can make this thankfulness last throughout the year, and not just when I feel all warm and fuzzy for the holiday season! :) Most of all, I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. It is only by His death that I can have an eternity in Heaven. It blows my mind that God could sacrifice his only child, for ME!?!?! As a parent, there is no WAY I could do that for anyone! God is good!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It was a very nice Thanksgiving - one of the better ones that I can remember! I'm thankful for a good God too!